- No Attribute above 4
- No Ability above 4, normal requirement to pay for above 3 still in effect
- No Starting Artifacts, Manse or Hearthstone
- No Allies, Backing, Contacts, Demesne, Followers, Resources or Retainers above 2
- No Command, Cult, Familiar or Influence above 1
- REMINDER : Any Attribute or Ability 3 or above and ALL MERITS will need at least a brief description of why your character posses them. For Attributes and Abilities at 4 you will need a more in depth explanation of how you achieved it due to Xianxia Influence
- Trust the GM. It is my job to have fun and help you have fun, not to beat you.
- Build character as a generalist, though you may have a specialty, do not make the character as a whole specialized.
- Leadership, Crafting, Sorcery, Social, Dealing with Spirits/Gods & Combat will all be equal parts, what you do not do will have to be covered by allies and buying favors
- Remember the goal of this campaign is to emphasis and highlight GROWTH, the more powerful and connected you make your character the less they can grow, and generally the harder it is.
- The character creation listed in the book should be viewed as a guideline for maximum starting potential. It is much more important for you to flesh out your character, not simply use up all the points. If you think you have given your character all the stats and skills and powers that he should have, but you still have some points left, simply drop them.